Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Freedom and a Towel Ring

It is Wednesday and we are surviving our trip to Pender. Of course, I'm not sure mom and dad are surviving as well, but I do know they enjoy the time with the kids. The one thing that has been great for the kids is the freedom that they have in Pender. Drake was able to cross the street by himself and go over to Alyssa's and ask her to come play. The ability to just walk right over to the water tower or play in the backyard on their own. With new found freedom also comes excitement. He was in the bathroom washing his hands and there was no towel on the towel ring and I guess Drake decided that it would be more fun to hang from the ring. And yup - you guessed it, the towel ring is no longer in the wall. So, the bad news was he broke it, but the good news was that he felt terribly and told me right away that it happened.

The boys have both been great and I really think they are enjoying themselves. The trip to the pool was fun today - Drake's swimming lessons are really paying off! And Tanner loves the pool or lake, but man, still hates his baths. We'll get there.

No comments: