Saturday, January 31, 2009

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY DRAKE!

Ok - I'm hijacking my blog back today for a personal post. My son turns 5 years old today and I will be missing his birthday party. It was very difficult to leave under such a stressful situation - telling my 5 year old that I had to leave because Pop was sick and that I would be missing his party (actually, I told him I was leaving and he immediately mentioned that I would be missing his party and started to cry).

In any case, I wake up this morning with 4 men in my thoughts:
1) My Dad - and being thankful we have another day to help him get better.
2) My husband - and being thankful for all he has done this week and knowing what a hard week it has been for him with me gone.
3) My big boy Drake - and being so proud of the wonderful boy he has become.
4) My little guy Tanner - and missing the joy in his face.

Happy Birthday Drake Karlen Peavy - I love you very much.



Drake and Pop - May 2008

1 comment:

Keri said...

These are beautiful thoughts Julia - thanks for sharing them.....hang in there - sending HUGS your way! Keri
Happy 5th year anniversary to you on becoming Drake's mom!