Valentine's Day definitely reminds me of Dad. Since I was about 7, Dad always gave each of his daughters flowers on Valentine's Day. We would come home from school and there would be a white vase with a single rose sitting on the table by our bedsides. I always looked forward to coming home and seeing the flower there for many years to come. However, the tradition did not end there. As we went away to college, left the state, and got married, he continued to send us flowers. You can imagine how special it was to get flowers in the college dorm - what a surprise and of course, everyone wanted to know who the flowers were from! We'll be continuing the tradition this year - 3 roses for Dad - one from each of his daughters. A Day to celebrate love indeed.
Jacki found this poem and I thought it was the perfect post for today.
Delightful and loving,
Loved and admired,
Dad, you're my hero,
My life you've inspired. And when all my blessings
Are counted each day,
I thank God in heaven
For Dad when I pray. Dad thanks for your presence
Throughout thick and thin;
You're more than a parent,
You're my wonderful friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment