Thursday, June 04, 2009

Birthday Fun




May wrapped up with a very fun weekend for the Peavy family. We hosted mom and dad and threw a happy hour birthday party. It was a busy weekend - but tons of fun. And talk about motivation - just have a party! The backyard looks great, the porch is stained, the carpets cleaned, and new couch ordered. I took Friday off to get ready for the afternoon bash and Mom and I had a really fun time "prepping" for the party. It would have not been fun at all if Mom wasn't here. I was so thankful to just spend time with her (without the boys) and grateful for hr all her help.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, playing outside, going to the park, and just spending time together. We were even able to go out for brunch on Sunday morning and had a really nice time. I don't think I've ever seen the boys behave so well during a meal. What a treat for all of us.

And of course, it was just special to have Dad here to celebrate my birthday with me. The improvements he has made between Easter and now are great. It was so hard to believe the doctor's when they told us to expect a full recovery those first days in the ICU - and here we are. And this month Dad will attend is 50 year high school reunion and 40 years of marriage. What a change from January.

No comments: