Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nebraska Wesleyan Memory Lane

The Peavy sorting project is coming along slowly, but surely. This week I uncovered a box with some items from my days at Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln, Nebraska - home of the Prairie Wolves (well, when I attended it was home of the Prairie Men and Women).....

My first find were my shoes for "Touch of Class" swing choir. I only had these on for 5 minutes and I'm not really sure how I danced in these shoes!!! What a great time I had in this group - such good friends I made.

Memories of road tripping across the country in a van, the always interesting home stays, the much anticipated "free night" in a hotel - on Colfax in Denver, in Amarillo, Texas on a Tuesday night (and heading out for the evening to find a 1/2 country music ; 1/2 hip hop dance club). And the enjoyment of singing and performing - I still miss it.

This actually reminds me that I still have my swing choir outfit up in the closet - if I get really brave, I'll post a picture of it.....




My second find of the night was my bright yellow "Ambassadors" jacket. The Ambassadors organization was a group of students that gave prospective students and their parents a tour of the Nebraska Wesleyan campus. I always enjoyed promoting my university - I have such good memories of this place and the life long friends I made there.

The two things I do remember about Ambassadors (neither of which have to do with giving tours).
  1. Part of the process for becoming an Ambassador was a group interview. I remember answering the question about "what was the best quality in an Ambassador" with the answer of honesty (and I do have to say that I gave a pretty good answer); and then someone right after me didn't have a clue and completely copied my answer which I thought was pretty comical.
  2. Trying (unsuccessfully) as President of the organization to have ramifications for Ambassadors that didn't show up to give tours. It's funny what memories stick with ya.

No comments: