Last weekend, we planned to go to Elitch Gardens amusement park (we've got free tickets from the library program). We got everything packed and hopped in the car. I thought it had been sprinkling a bit. But, when we actually went outside, it was clearly not sprinkling. It was raining. I was not terribly excited to be hanging out at the amusement park in the rain. So, since we were already in the car and ready to go, we had to go with Plan B. The problem was that there was no Plan B.
Out came the coupon book and we ended up at
Funtastic Fun - an indoor amusement park. Even though the venue was a bit young for D-man, the kids had a good time and we came early enough that we basically had the entire building to ourselves. Marshall and I enjoyed some skee ball and checking our fantasy football scores.
We wrapped up the outing with lunch at Subway and a trip to the Halloween shop to find costumes. Although it wasn't the day we had planned, we enjoyed the family time and getting out and about.
 |
| the boys enjoyed the ball pit |
 |
| the ferris wheel! |
 |
| scooters |
I also ditched the book fair last Thursday night (Marshall was so nice to cover for me) so I could watch the Huskers play. We ordered pizza and T-man and I watched football and hung out. Go Big Red!
No comments:
Post a Comment