This morning, the boys and I were greeted by a mama fox in the backyard. Soon she was joined by 2 kits that were jumping, rolling around, and playing with a pine cone. While the young foxes eventually noticed us viewing them from the window and ran off, the mama fox just continued to relax and try to sleep. I couldn't help thinking how similar the mama fox and the two kits were to me and my two boys. Like the kits, my boys like running, jumping,and teasing each other and their Mom. I couldn't help but sympathize with the mama fox - sometimes you just want to have a break and nap. Of course, since was only 7:30 in the morning, there was no nap in my future. Instead, I headed out with my wonderful, rambunctious boys to start the day. Thanks to you fox family for kicking off our day.

No comments:
Post a Comment