Every week night (except take-out Friday, of course), we eat dinner as a family. For some time now, we have asked the boys about the best part of their day. Sometimes, they would tell us. Sometimes, they wouldn't. Last week, I read an article that suggested doing "Pits and Cherries." This allows everyone to talk about the best and worst parts of their day. We started "pits and cherries" this week and the boys have been so eager to participate. The dinner discussions have been more interesting, longer, and the boys are actively participating.T-man's pits are pretty cute and the boys often have several cherries (which makes me very happy).
In the past, I often mentioned dinner with the family as the best part of my day. With the pits and cherries, I have said this again. D-man points out (correctly) that I "always" say dinner is the best part of my day. Apparently, in order to keep pits and cherries interesting, I'm going to have to find some new cherries. However, I'll be hard pressed to find a better cherry than spending quality time with my boys and their Dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment