Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Urban Camping






We've been camping as a family one time. I was pregnant with T-man and sleeping on an air mattress with D-man and Marshall.  Needless to say, it was a rough night of sleeping in 32 degree weather. After that trip, I requested a bigger tent. And my dear husband purchased a bigger tent. Unfortunately, we have never used the bigger tent (and man, it is a big tent). That was, until Friday night.
After the boys and I had happy hour on Friday night at the pool, they were treated to a night of camping in the backyard with Dad - s'mores and all. Besides the bug bites and being tired, the outing was a great success. And for the first time in 7 years, I had the house to myself and the boys got to have a special night with Dad.

No comments: