This week, our little guy passes his "blending" at school (this is the last stage of phonics before moving on to "books"). We have been building this up for weeks now and then T-man casually mentions the fact he passed blending at dinner on Wednesday night (quite different from his older brother's approach to such things).
Part of the build up and reward is a special dinner of your choosing. T-man was all set on Chuck E. Cheese, but his older brother had other ideas. And, the cliff divers won out over the oversized, slightly creepy mouse (I personally see this as a lose/lose situation). I am so proud of T-man and this milestone. He has been such a joy to be around and I am loving age 4.5 (soon to be 4.75). What a big boy now reading "books!"
So to Casa Bonita we go to celebrate a huge step on the reading super highway. And I bet you will never guess the last time I was at this "family entertainment destination" (as stated on the website)...... three years ago when D-man passed his blending. And now my baby gets to go. Sigh. So proud and yet, sad at the quick passage of time. Ole!
No comments:
Post a Comment