Wednesday, December 14, 2011

5 Trips Around the Sun

I really enjoy the birthday celebration at our Montessori school. The birthday child puts the months of the year down on the floor with their birth month in front of the parents. The candle in the middle of the room represents the sun and the child walking around the "sun" with the globe, signifying the number of times the earth has gone around the sun. Today, T-man got to walk around the "sun" five times as I talked about his life during those 5 years. It was great to be there to celebrate with him, and reflect on what joy T-man has brought to our lives over the last 5 years. I loved that he picked me first to sit at the table with him as I know those days won't be around forever.
After picking up D-man, the boys enjoyed playing with all the new birthday gifts and Skyping with all the Karlen family members. We then headed out to Red Robin for a family birthday celebration. We all ate too much, shared our pits and cherries, and celebrated T-man and the special boy he is.
We came home and opened the family presents and talked with the Peavy side of the family. It was a a great day. Two things I loved about T-man today: 1) whenever you said "Happy Birthday" he said, "thank you." 2) Comforting his older brother on the car ride home  (who was complaining about needing to go to the bathroom) that we were almost home. He really is growing up.

    






No comments: