Friday, March 30, 2012

Celebration of Life

Today was the final day of our spring break vacation. While on vacation, I learned of one of my co-worker's passing. She was only 40 years old and leaves behind an 11 year old daughter. She battled cancer for over 8 years. While I didn't know Jen Coy very long, she was the kind of person that made an impact on everyone she met. She facilitated a team building activity for my team that was truly a great personal exercise for me. It was one of those personal/professional moments I will always be thankful for. She was a truly beautiful person (who loved great shoes) and always full of life - even though she was often in great pain and enduring so much.

The celebration of her life today was touching, humorous, and emotional. It was evident she had a wonderful family that loved her very much and worked very hard to keep her spirit alive during the service. There were jokes. There were tears. There were laughs. There was love. And most of all, there were a group of people there celebrating all that Jen Coy brought to this world. I will miss her laugh. Return Path will miss all she did for our wonderful culture. And, the world will miss the bright, positive person that Jen was. Today was truly a celebration of Jen's life and a reminder about what is truly important in life. Let me always remember all that I have to be thankful for and what kind of impact I want to have on others. Life indeed is short. Better make the most of it. And, make sure to wear fabulous shoes.

No comments: