Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Commuting Buddy

D-man was finally old enough to attend the the "Take your daughters and sons to work day" at my work today. It was nice to have a companion on the morning drive. It was also a GREAT opportunity to listen to the "Wicked" CD and discuss the story line in preparation for seeing the show on Sunday.

After a couple of exercises in the morning for the kids, I participated in a "guess who" session that was focused on stereotyping. One team thought I was a software engineer because of the necklace I was wearing. I am going to request the software engineers on the product I am working on start wearing more jewelry. :)

After a few introductions, we headed to a sushi lunch (D-man's choice) with my co-worker and his son. We then headed to school so D-man could participate in the "Greek Olympics and festival." Marshall and D-man made some tasty hummus and psomi (Greek bread) for the event and I volunteered.

What a crazy, special day. Not sure how I have a child old enough to go to work with me.......

No comments: