Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Long MLK Weekend

I'm always a bit sad after members of my family leave. Today was no different. But, I was happy having my sister and her son here for the long weekend. After a day in Louisville, she headed down to Denver to see some friends on Sunday.

On Monday, we headed out to partake in a unique Denver experience: the National Western Stock Show. We enjoyed the petting zoo and taking in all the animals being shown at the event - horses, birds (they got to pet a show turkey), bulls, and cows. Afterwards, we enjoyed going out to lunch - always a special treat.

While cousin D took a nap (and Marshall watched him), Jacki and I headed out to HomeGoods to check out some home furnishings. With her help, I got a few items to start decorating (see the only picture of the two of us standing in front of the new shower curtain). After a trip to the park, we enjoyed homemade pizza and more special time for the boys with their cousin (with a bath for all of them together in our big tub).

On Monday morning, we sent the boys off on the school bus and headed to downtown Louisville for coffee. It was beautiful outside and Cousin D was able to walk around while we checked out the the area. I was so happy it was so nice outside because it was so cold in Minneapolis.

Thank you to the Marshall's for visiting us. It is a lot of work traveling with a little one and we were so fortunate they took the time and effort to come see us in our new home and town. It truly warmed my heart to have the boys being so sweet with their cousin and it was so wonderful to spend some time with my sister and her son.













No comments: