Wednesday, November 09, 2016

I'm Still with Her

I don't really want to write anything, and yet I feel I have to write something about how I'm feeling today.

First of all, I'm sad. I'm sad that hate could win. I'm sad that so many people could vote for a man so unqualified and so evil and that openly preaches hate. I'm sad that my kids are scared (our youngest ended up in our bed last night which never happens) and don't want to go to school today. 

I'm scared. I'm  scared for the future and the type of world our children will grow up in. I'm scared for any group that is a minority - including women. I'm scared for how our leader will react in tense situations.

I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that the world now sees us as a completely closed minded nation. I'm embarrassed of people I know that voted for Trump. I don't know if I can ever mend that divide - but I will try because I don't want hate to continue to win.

I'm angry. I'm angry that one of the most qualified people to ever run for President of the United States (and happens to be a woman), was defeated by a completely unqualified, narcissistic, morally-void man. This is the glass ceiling at its finest and it angers me. I'm angry at woman that voted for Trump. Really, how could you?

And yet, we have to go on. We have to be strong for our kids. We have to keeping fighting for what is right. We have to be kind and promote love and tolerance (including people that voted for Donald Trump). It won't be easy, but we don't give up. And, I'll probably still cry a little.

No comments: