Sunday, December 11, 2016

Robert D. Peavy

This week, we lost Marshall's father, the boys' granddad, and my father-in-law. While this experience in extremely difficult, I'm thankful for many things related to Bob and time like this gives one time to reflect on these good things. 

I'm thankful to Bob (and Claudia) for raising a wonderful son I am fortunate enough to call my husband. 

I'm happy the boys got to know their Granddad. When I asked D-man what he will remember about Granddad, he said, "card tricks, rope, cribbage, gymnastics, and that Granddad was always just willing to chat." 

I'm so grateful for being welcomed into the Peavy family by Bob and everyone else. I always felt welcomed and part of the family. 

Even though we didn't live close, there are several memories of Bob that will keep me smiling. From my first Pullman visit and attending my first Coug football game with him, to teaching D-man to ride a bike and do a headstand and dive with a perfect toe point. From card tricks to the wonderful Summers we spent at the cabin (of which Bob did things specifically for the boys - Hernando's Hideaway, the BB Gun Station, bikes, and building the fires for S'mores) to the amazing cruise we all took to Alaska. While just a small list of things, these are just a few of the wonderful memories I will cherish about Bob. 

When T-man and I found out the news on Friday, we cried and hugged and then I said to T-man, "Do you know what we should do? We should have something sweet to celebrate Granddad." And we both enjoyed a Snickers - I think Bob would have approved. 









No comments: