Friday, September 29, 2017

Keep Your Head Up

On Wednesday, D-man's Monarch Mustangs took on the cross town rivals - the Louisville Pirates - for the Coal Car Trophy. Unfortunately, the Mustangs lost and when we got home D-man told us he blacked out on a tackle (the one I were I said "head up D-man" to myself). Of course, he didn't tell anyone and played the rest of the game.  

Fortunately, Nana and Pop were here to be home with him the last couple of days. I'm very glad he told us and glad we went to the Dr. to have her talk about how serious having a concussion is and also relieved to have a process to "return to play." If I look for a silver lining, he told me and Mom separately that he doesn't want to play high school football. In the meantime, head up son. I love you. 





No comments: