Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Give me a Hand

I’m currently on week 10 of my hand therapy. I’m mostly out of the brace which is great, but still managing some pain and getting in the habit of using my hand normally. I’ve stabilized the thumb, but I’m still working on strength. It is amazing how many specific muscles there are in your hand and the individual exercises needed for each muscle. 

On almost all tests, my hand strength matches between the two hands (the right hand should be about 15% stronger but I’ve made great progress). There is one pinching move that is still quite weaker so I continue to work on that (it’s specifically a muscle in the palm of my hand/base of my thumb). 

The good news is that I love my therapist who happens to be a native of Plainview, Nebraska (another northeast Nebraska transplant). And like me, her parents and a sibling are still in her hometown. Small world. Let’s just say I’m likely one of her favorite patients - ha!  




My exercises 






No comments: