And yet, there are benefits to having us all home. T-man could tell my work was stressful today (I was taking a few deep breaths) and he came over, gave me a hug and did a couple breaths with me. T-man is signed up for the 100 hundred mile walking/running club and we have started walking together. We are trying new routes and measuring them on Strava. He was not excited about it as first, but now he is telling me how fun it is. With his current schedule, D-man is able to work during the day for a couple hours and can walk to work. Marshall and I are often ships passing by, but we do get to catch up here and there. And of course, there is just more time in our days with no commuting (and a bit of sleeping in too).
I do admire how the boys are continuing to push through with their studies. T-man has P.E. videos and he is actually doing them. He told me today that I should have joined him for his yoga video (I agree!). And for a dyslexic kid, being home means leveraging voice to text more because you aren’t worried that anyone is watching. D-man continues to leverage his schedule and get things done in available time slots.
Here’s to continuing to fight through - even when it is hard. As I say to the boys, we don’t give up.
No comments:
Post a Comment