Friday, July 08, 2022

Summer Fri-yay!

This was the first summer Friday we have been home since my company launched this initiative. Since we haven’t been around, there was a lot to do around the house which made the day of quickly. 

I ran out for breakfast burritos and enjoyed my coffee on the front porch. I was able to get in a little yard work during a catch up chat with a former coworker. Then, T-man and I headed out to A Precious Child to volunteer. From there, we picked up our online order at Target and came home for lunch. 

I then headed to Coal Creek Collision for an estimate on the van - we really should have a loyalty card there - jeez! I contemplated going to the pool, but opted for watching Bridgerton, sorting the mail and paying bills. I wrapped up the day taking a meal over to Alana’s parents as Al had surgery today. 

We tried to hang out with folks tonight, but everyone is out of town or busy so we opted for walking over the golf course for drink (I learned they had music this evening) and we also got to see D-man as he was working. 

While we were enjoying our drinks, Ms. Anne (the after school director at Monarch while we were there) walked up. She was so happy to see us and we caught up on life the past several years. We had D-man come up to say hello and had T-man walk over from the house to say hello. She always held the boys in high regard and it was great to beat on them and have her see the great young men they have become. She was so great with them and we have always been thankful of the experience the boys had in her program. 

Our impromptu night ended up being a perfect way to ease into the weekend and see someone we hadn’t seen in years. 


Volunteering 



Drinks at the golf course 

No comments: