Tuesday, November 01, 2022

10 Years Here

Ten years ago on Halloween, we were under contract on our current home. Since then, we have survived a 500-year flood, the loss of a parent, a stroke and a devastating wild fire. It is hard to believe all that has transpired in that time. So much has changed in that time and events like Halloween night certainly highlight the differences in how life moves along. We had a low key dinner, I went on a walk and T-man handed out candy (he was under the weather) while we socialized in the neighbors driveway. I was presently surprised how many trick or treaters we had given the fire. I definitely was happy for that. And while different every year, the tradition of Halloween is a reminder of how life continues through the ups and downs. 


Neighborhood decked out during my walk 


Getting to 10K steps








Funny how a $1 bowl can make you thankful for what you have - T-man was happy to see the spider bowl make an appearance. One of many things we would not have if we lost our home 



The three headed dragon at the Walsh’s

No comments: