Monday, August 07, 2023

Four Years

It is a rare occurrence that I have the house entirely to myself tonight. Four years ago tonight, I was also all alone in a hospital bed (well, with a lot of nurses interrupting me, but not with my family). What a crazy day to reflect upon…. 

Admittedly, it is has been a weird day reflecting back. I’m just extremely thankful for a full recovery and thankful for so many things, big and small, over the past four years. 

After getting back from the Ultimate party and dropping off Tanner at the airport, I did my walking loop and then treated myself to Sweet Cow. On my walk, the song “Bless the Broken Road” came on and it certainly is a reminder that life is not a straight and happy path all the time. Life is full of ups and downs and these experiences are what make up this messy thing called life. The stroke was certainly part of my broken road, but it had given me perspective I would not have had before. I’m just happy that I’ve been here for the last four years and many more to come. 


Got out my recovery mode shirt 





Eat more ice cream 



Recovery mode 4 years ago 



No comments: