Tuesday, December 26, 2023

White Christmas











 We pulled into Pender around 12:15 am in December 25th. As always, Jaima and Cam made us feel very welcome and we had a designated "Peavy" tree in the dining room. We did stockings, made the breakfast casserole, opened gifts, ate breakfast and opened more gifts. So, a typical Peavy Christmas. I was embarrassingly showered with gifts from the boys and Marshall. We had fun with some of the gifts we got the boys. I hope they felt the love and k ow how much joy they bring to our lives. 

We headed over to Mom and Dad's mid-afternoon. I made chowder and Drake joined me for chowder around 4:00. Tanner had shoveled and played some cards with Mom and Dad. The rest of the clan came over for turkey dinner and games. The four oldest kids enjoyed the hot tub before bed. 

The storm did deliver snow, but was not as terrible as predicted. But, I'm glad we did not have to drive the roads yesterday. Here's to our health, our abundant blessings, our family and the magic of the season - even if it looks a bit differently this year. 


No comments: