Saturday, March 30, 2024

Slopeside (ish)

 I'm very happy we decided to book a place in Steamboat for a long weekend at the end of spring break. We found a cozy place where we can walk to the lifts and I have been able to explore the village a bit (which I love). 

Tanner was able to bring a couple of friends and they left Thursday morning to make a day of it (they didn't ski), but got lunch in Silverthorne and bumped around Steamboat before checking in around 4:00. The boys got pizza for dinner and checked out the hot tub in the evening. 

Marshall and I got off later than planned as we spent a bit with Marshall's high school friend, his wife and their daughter who is considering CU. It was lovely to chat with them. 

We left around 5:00 and had no traffic or weather on the 3 hour 15 minute drive. We popped into the condo and then headed to a Mexican place for dinner and a drink. 

The boys were up early for skiing and I had to move a car as we only have one spot with the condo. I walked around the village and got a coffee and then headed out on the slopes. Marshall was able to join for a couple runs on his lunch break and I enjoyed a nice lunch on the Rendevous deck. My legs were tired after a day of skiing as the runs were pretty carved up due to the 5 inches of new snow. 

We had a casual night in with tacos, a movie, poker and basketball. A successful couple of days! 











No comments: