Saturday, August 23, 2025

Distractions

Our first week at home as "bird launchers" has been a busy one. Matthew and his Spanish friend arrived on Sunday night (two busses after I did) so the house has been "full" which has been great. Marshall got home late Tuesday night after moving Drake in on Monday and working remotely on Tuesday. On Tuesday night, I had my fantasy football draft in Denver which is always fun. 

On Wednesday, I did clay magnets with the "Women at Snapdocs" group which was actually pretty relaxing. I also finished the lego set that I started with Tanner. Later, the men in the house headed to trivia and I joined some friends for appetizers, stories, laughs and some tears. I'm so thankful for us having these great friends to support us through this next phase of life. 

On Thursday, we grilled nice steaks for Matthew and Nabil and enjoyed dinner on the back patio. Friday night, we went to the "last splash" at the pool and caught up with friends. We wrapped up the week with a date night dinner at Parma. Here's to embracing the new phase of life with positivity. 






 

No comments: