Friday, November 07, 2008

CB & Potts Happy Hour aka CIC Memory Lane

Tonight Marshall and I met for happy hour at CB & Potts. It's actually not terribly far from where we live, but we have not been there in ages. We picked it because it is very close to Drake and Tanner's school - which happens to be across the street from the company where Marshall and I met. So, needless to say, CB & Potts was a place we frequented in our younger years when we were both working at Customer Insight Company. The funny thing is, I don't believe Marshall and I ever went to CB & Potts together so it holds different memories for each of us.

One thing I don't think is different - being there definitely brought back memories of a fun time in our lives. Regular happy hours, good friends, carefree times, last minute trips, and 4 weeks of PTO! Of course, we had to wrap up this happy hour quickly so we could get the boys before school closed at 6:00, but what a wonderful little "date" for us. The quote of the evening by Marshall, "Do we have to go pick up the boys?" - all in fun of course. And although our lives are obviously different now, one thing that is not different - Marshall and I have a wonderful time together. We laughed. We joked. We had a couple beers together. Good times. Good life.

No comments: