The beginning of August took us to Pullman (the home of the Washington State Cougars) for Marshall's 20 year reunion. One never knows how these things are going to go - especially when you know hardly anyone. And every time I go to Pullman, I am reminded what a great town it is - a 10,000 resident town that is home to a Pac-10 University. Everything I think is cool - a small town with a major college. Always fun to visit.
The one great thing about the event is that we had TWO nights out in a row without kids. That in and of itself is a treat. We had the social gathering at the downtown bar on Friday night and survived the heat by kicking back a few beers. Of course, I kicked backed fewer than I might have given I was taking steroids for some random rash that started to overtake my body when we arrived in Pullman. What a way to kick off the vacation. We were also able to enjoy dinner at Sella's with Bob and Claudia and the kids before we went to the event.
On Saturday, we went to Sunnyside park for a nice family BBQ. Drake enjoyed playing on the merry-go-round with the other kids and Tanner "dug" digging in the sand. It was quite hot, but we enjoyed ourselves. That evening, we had dinner at the "Hilltop Restaurant" overlooking Pullman and WSU. It was a very nice evening and a very well prepared event. Marshall and I enjoyed our "date" and Marshall enjoyed catching up with old friends.
Washington State University
No comments:
Post a Comment