Saturday, January 30, 2010

Busy Week, Bad Timing?

I wanted a February baby. I don't know why, I just did (maybe because I thought 02/03/04 would be a cool birthday). Of course, my eldest son had other plans. Six years ago in January, I went into labor. It didn't go anything like I planned, and the D-man was born as January baby. Ten days early and definitely an exciting end to our January.

 

D-MAN
During this week last year, Dad's stroke occurred, and this year, I was let go from Sun. As my co-worker pointed out, my Dad's stroke had an amazing outcome. And of course, my son is such a positive addition to our lives. Although being laid off doesn't feel great right now, I can only think that the layoff that happened at the end of January 2010 will also have a great outcome. Not that you can ever plan the timing on these things, but man, both my maternity leaves were during the winter months and now, my time off will be during the winter as well.... Maybe I'll need to fly south for the winter........

But, for now, I'll celebrate my son's birthday and hope for good weather in Denver.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Drake and cheers for the great times to come. :]