Friday, September 17, 2010

Wrapping Up in Denver

Mom and Dad were here last weekend for a couple of days as they wrapped up their month long trip to the northwest. And what a trip it was. I'm so happy that my parents are actually doing what they wanted to do during retirement - traveling! After visiting several friends and relatives along the way, we were the final stop before arriving back in Pender.

As usual, the visit was too short, but great fun. The boys enjoyed sleeping in the motor home and having Nana and Pop at the first flag football game of the season. We also enjoyed watching Nebraska football, going to the Rockies game, and going out to breakfast on Sunday morning. On Sunday night, we grilled fresh salmon and halibut that Dad brought back from his Alaskan trip. Mom and I even got a way for a couple hours of shopping, and Dad and I hit the NWU happy hour before the Rockies game together.

Every time they leave, it makes me sad that we don't live closer to them. But, I am so happy for the close relationship we have and am thankful to have such a wonderful family. I know how truly fortunate I am.

Notice we are wearing purple for the Colorado Rockies!
a beautiful night
eh - pictures with kids is a challenge.....

No comments: