For a few months, we have been doing "Pits and Cherries" during dinner. It has really helped our dinner conversations and dinnertime is definitely a highlight of my day (a standing cherry). I'm currently reading a book, The family dinner: great ways to connect with your kids, one meal at a time to help us connect even more with the kids during dinner. The books provides several reasons why the family meal is so important. From battling childhood obesity to better conversationalists and children less likely to use drugs, sitting down to share a meal is valuable on so many levels.
A couple of weeks ago, we started implementing "centerpieces." Each night, a family member gets to choose a centerpiece for the table. It can be anything, but must fit in the center of the table and have room for our plates on the table. The boys feel special when it is their turn and we are starting to work meal preparation and setting the table into the routine. With our busy lives, mealtime is definitely a staple in our daily routine and something I look forward to every night. I hope the boys feel the same way as well.
A couple of weeks ago, we started implementing "centerpieces." Each night, a family member gets to choose a centerpiece for the table. It can be anything, but must fit in the center of the table and have room for our plates on the table. The boys feel special when it is their turn and we are starting to work meal preparation and setting the table into the routine. With our busy lives, mealtime is definitely a staple in our daily routine and something I look forward to every night. I hope the boys feel the same way as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment