Friday, May 03, 2019

And the Beat Goes On

This week, Return Path was purchased by Validity. With change, comes a great deal of emotions: sadness of what you are losing, fear of the future, and excitement of new opportunities. I’ve definitely had all of these feelings recently. 

One thing I do know is that no matter what lies ahead, I am very thankful to Return Path for the last 8.5 years. I’ve met amazing people, grown, learned, participated in leadership training, taken a sabbatical, had a short commute for the last six years, been able to work remotely to spend time in Pender during the summer, and had work/life balance that has allowed me play all the roles that are important to me in my life -  a professional, a mom, a wife, a friend and volunteer. 

During the final session of our leadership journey in NYC, we put on a show called, “One Last Show” and I was the drummer in the band. My flight was delayed the last day and I was able to sit in Bryant Park and took a picture of my drum from the play which was a fitting way to wrap up the week. No matter what happens, the beat certainly goes on (and happy hour with Marshall on the day of the announcement certainly helps with that). 


 
The beat goes on 



Cheers to new beginnings 

No comments: