Friday, January 05, 2024

Stock Show Parade



Dairy block 



Union Station 

Our wedding venue 






Cattle drive 

So much fun 


Indian food! 

The lights are finally on outside the neighborhood! 


On Thursday morning, Drake and I headed to downtown Denver on the FF1 bus to catch the Stock Show Parade. In all my years in Denver, I had never been. The parade was really entertaining. The best part is seeing a "cattle drive" in downtown Denver with 30 longhorn cattle being herded up 17th street. Drake commented how it is hard to believe Denver was once a "western" city - it really has changed since I arrived almost 30 years ago......

We grabbed a quick lunch at Cava and then found a great spot on the route a few blocks up from Union Station. We walked around a bit found a spot at the Westin Hotel for me to take a work call. We walked around a bit more and hit the Dairy Block, McGregor Square and then back to Union Station to catch the bus back. 

I finished the work day up while the boys got the car from the shop. Tanner headed to work and Drake and Marshall made chicken tikka masala. 

It was a special day and so nice to have a day downtown with Drake. 




No comments: