Friday, January 26, 2024

This is 2-0

Even though Drake is a few days shy of 20, we did a bit more celebrating before he leaves. On Wednesday, Marshall arrived home from Washington around 6:00 and Drake got home from Vail not long before that. Tanner had to head out to work around 5:30 so he was unfortunately unable to join us. 

Drake decided on sushi after some cheese, olives, crackers and catching up at home. We could not remember the last time we had been to Hana so it was nice to get out and support the sushi place up the street. 

We turned on some basketball and Marshall made frosting for the cake I had baked Drake earlier. We sang happy birthday and hopefully made him feel special. 

We were all still awake when Tanner came home and the night ended with both boys chilling in our bedroom bit a bit. My heart was certainly full to have us all together just like so many times in the past. I'm so thankful for the home we have built together as a family of four. I know not everyone is as fortunate. I hope our boys realize that too. 

And the picture I took of him and his cake didn't turn out.....just got a knee it appears..... but there was cake and candles! 







No comments: