Saturday, August 17, 2024

Mount Sanitas

Aka a Colorado summer outing. We had a list of things we wanted to do in Colorado this summer. While we didn't do all of them (camping, a Colorado Rapids game, e-biking), we did get many items ticked off our list. On Friday, Drake and I were able to tackle two things on the list - a trip to Runza and a hike. And yes, I saw that Drake had his Sigma Chi mom's weekend shirt on so, I obviously donned mine! 

We enjoyed our Runza lunch and doing some fall planning. We then drove back toward Boulder for our hike. Drake chose Mt. Sanitas which I had never done before. It was basically 1.1 miles straight up and Drake was patient while we made the climb up. The way down was a bit of scrambling and then an easy hike back down to the car. Still feels like summer, but fall and change are upon us as Tanner is in school and Drake heads out next week. 

It's been a crazy summer with lots of travel and a torn up house. But, this family rolled with it all and while we were here, we certainly tried to make the most of the Colorado summer. Thankful for this special time with our eldest. 











No comments: