This week I traveled to San Francisco for a business trip. How lucky that my business trips for the last 6 years take me to such a beautiful city. These meetings were actually held in the city - an extra bonus! Since I missed the last meeting due to vacation, I was very happy to be able to attend this one and see my Sun Microsystems co-workers one more time (which may indeed be the last as Sun Micro employees).
I don't know what the future holds, but I am very thankful for the people I have worked with for the past several years. It isn't often you work with folks that are talented, creative, and down right nice people. Being a remote worker might also give me a deeper appreciation for my co-workers. Since I only see them a few times a year, I am even more thankful to have meetings where we can hash things out face-to-face --- and just catch up on everything going on in their lives. I can't begin to list the benefits of working from home, but not seeing the great people you work with every day is definitely a draw back.
And who knows, I might never see these people again (this joke is becoming more and more of a reality), but I'm grateful for the opportunity to have worked with them all and hope it continues. And if not, I know I'll still be in touch in the online world - thank goodness for Facebook!
Oh, and no kids running around, a couple nights on the town in San Francisco with co-workers and friends, and a walk along the water trying to catch a glimpse of the Golden Gate bridge isn't too shabby either. Thanks to my wonderful husband for all he does to make these trips a reality for me.
1 comment:
how awesome that you have had such amazing opportunities with your job at home and away - hope that it all works out OK for you!
Post a Comment