Monday, April 26, 2010
If Betty Could See Me Now
When I was in college, my roommate would call me "BC" - short for "Betty Crocker". And, no this was not a compliment. Apparently, I wasn't much of a cook back then. Even more recently, Marshall will tell the story of how I used to measure out water to boil pasta (I still deny this today). Oh, how things have changed. Today, I have two slow cookers going - one with Ham and lentil soup (complete with the ham bone) and ham and scalloped potatoes in the other. I also made a batch of chex mix and a pan of rice krispies. Nothing fancy, but in my earlier years, I never would have spent 3 hours in the kitchen, chopping, peeling, cutting, and stirring. Oh, how proud Betty (and my college roommate) would be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment