Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Steadfast Geranium

For the past couple of years, I have been working to make our backyard "a garden oasis". Unfortunately, I haven't been terribly successful. I've tried to expand the type of flowers that I use, but I always include my "go to" flowers - the marigolds, petunias, and geraniums. Then again, it shouldn't surprise me - these are the flowers my mother always had in her garden. And like these flowers, my Mom has always been a "go to" person in my life. Like the geranium, she is strong and beautiful and can deal with a lot and still pull through. I may not always remember to water my geraniums or call my mom as often as I should, but I always know that they will there. Steadfast and strong. How lucky I am to have such a wonderful woman to call my "Mom" - I couldn't be prouder. 

And speaking of moms, here are a couple of pictures from our Mother's Day hike at Lair o' the Bear Open Space Park. Being Mom to these two boys couldn't make me any happier.  Sometimes I need reminding that I should treasure being their "go to" person right now (as exhausting as that can be at times). Before I know it, I'll need to drop them off blocks away from school, I'll get no hugs in public, and I'll be completely and utterly embarrassing to them.  Yup - "go to" is definitely good. Just ask my Mom. 

Enjoying Bear Creek
Climbing the Tree


Holding Hands - Too Cute!

No comments: