Having not lived in an apartment for some time, I hadn't given much thought to how our life would be different.
- finding a place to store the recycled goods is a challenge.
- explaining to the boys that people live below us and the running and the jumping and the jumping has to stop.
- the boys have a TV and a Wii in their bedrooms - things I said would never happen.
- when you hear crying at 2:00 in the middle of the night, you will burst out of bed and run into your kids' room only to realize it was the baby living below you.
- you will miss the DVR.
- yelling at the TV during the Husker game will wake your kids.
- having a pool to go to in the middle of September is pretty sweet.
- finding a parking spot is an art.
- you realize you can along with a lot less than you thought.
- small kitchens lead to more dinners out.
- who needs a yard when you can walk to a turf field (and two Starbucks)?
And while the boys still mention their desires for their own bedrooms, we are adjusting and getting along better everyday. I don't think I had to tell them to stop bugging each other every single minute today. Definite progress. And confirmation that if we can make it in a two-bedroom apartment, we can make it anywhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment