I can't really do D-man's camp stories justice - those are his to tell. But, I think it is safe to say that he had a very good time as he is already talking about going back next year.
To wrap up camp, the kids paraded past us all and then we joined them for closing ceremonies. Each group was quickly showcased as the y threw their "camp magic" into the fire for the next session. We then all joined in a giant "friendship circle" and sang "Taps" (or in my case, hummed). We then got our campers and D-man was crying. He said it was the sun in his eyes, but I think it was the emotion of the end of camp. He didn't want hugs from me or T-man.
He talked the majority of the way home about camp (when he wasn't messing around with his brother). We got McDonald's for dinner on the drive home (D-man said he thinks this camp was meant for him to lose weight). And took a good shower before bed - man, this kid was filthy, sunburned, and had open wound (I think from the back pack rubbing on his neck all week).
It sounded like a great experience, but I'm glad the house is full with my 2 boys. Just one more to go.
And why is D-man wearing a box? It was Medieval week at camp. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment