Monday, June 17, 2013

Sleep Away Camp

Yesterday, T-man and I dropped off D-man at Camp Chief Ouray outside of Winter Park. Be jade he was so organized, packing up didn't take too much time. He had told me the night before that he was nervous. Of course! 5 nights away from home with no family is no small feat! 

After we checked his stuff and got a health screening (he was running a low grade fever), we headed to his very rustic cabin. I tried to talk him through things he might need to know (hang up your towel, put your shoes under your bed, tell the counselors if you need your allergy medication), but I, of course, was thinking of other things I should have told him. I know he will have a great time - just hard to believe he is old enough to do this! 

Last night, I got the following note from a mom of one of D-man's friend he spent the afternoon with on Saturday. 

"I had so much fun getting to know D-man. He and I had a great conversation at the pool--he was very "adult" in his ability to communicate. He's a great kid and you guys should be really proud of the wonderful young man he is."

It made me miss him even more, but also confirmed what I already knew - he will be just fine. 






No comments: