Saturday, January 08, 2022

Marshall Fire Update

First of all, it is super unfortunate that the name of this devastating fire is the Marshall fire. Marshall has always loved that we have Marshall Road, Marshall Mesa and the town of Marshall within a few minutes drive of us. And we will continue to be happy about those things, but not the Marshall fire. 

On Tuesday, the PV men were fortunate to be fed by our friends. 

On Wednesday, Marshall was juggling work, insurance, a snow storm, a sick kid and school starting back. There are so many superheroes in natural disasters and many of those are the people that live with you (my husband) and all around you (friends and neighbors and local first responders)  and those that come from afar to help (firefighters, insurance adjusters, disaster recovery people, power company employees). While these people are paid to do their work, they leave their families in the middle of the night, they work long hours and many put their lives on the line for others. It is truly humbling. 

On Thursday, the Peavy family moved out of the Townplace Suites in Broomfield (a “dump” according to our eldest). He wasn’t wrong, but it was nice to have two bedrooms. We are now in Boulder at the Homewood Suites with two separate rooms to have isolation for our eldest. 

On Friday, Marshall and worked from the living room of the hotel suite and T-man chilled in the bedroom all day (I didn’t want to deal with taking and getting him from school with a presidential motorcade in town). 

We talked with insurance and will be out of the house awhile as the house is remediated so at least we know where we stand. Will start looking for a more long term place. 

Friends brought over tacos and it was nice to be able to  not order out and not cook. We wrapped up the night watching movies (T-man and Marshall) and playing online pitch (D-man and me) with Nana and Pop. 

Glad it is the weekend so we can recalibrate and focus on us. One day at a time. 

Some songs that came up on my walk yesterday and just had lyrics that give me hope. (And obviously being able to get some exercise and fresh air is always good for the soul). 


My “desk” for Friday 


Marshall’s workspace behind me 


“Home” which is the song that was popular when we were moving up to Louisville. Now speaking to me in a different way 


“Don’t worry about a thing. Cuz everything is going to be alright” 


I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, with every broken bone
I swear I lived”

The boys and I have talked recently that life is not the absence of challenges. Without challenges, you can’t appreciate the good things. Trying to keep this in mind as well as the phrase “I can’t change some of the stressors in my life, but I can choose how I react to them” 

Here’s to living this messy thing called life. 











No comments: