Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Playground

One thing we didn't do much (any) of this summer was head to the playground. Lots of it had to do with our schedule. Lots of the time, we simply weren't here. With swimming lessons in the morning, I wasn't big on heading to the playground in the heat of the day. Part of it is that D-man gets bored easily at playgrounds these days. And maybe most importantly, I'm not really a playground person.  There's a playground we can walk to, but it isn't a neighborhood playground. I don't see the same people. I'm not going to run into people I know. And when I'm there, I'm not big on making chit chat with folks I don't know and won't see again. Plus, with my kids, they always seem to need entertaining on the playground. I'm not the mom that gets to sit and read the paper while her kids play. So, in the end, we just don't go to the playground that much.

That being said, my youngest really enjoys the playground. We took a family bike ride on Sunday to a new park near our house and he had a great time. So, during these last couple of weeks at home with my 3yo, I'm vowing to make an effort to get to the playground. Yesterday, we hit the "dragon" playground he saw on our way back from golfing. He requested it and he had a nice time. And yup, I actually survived too.

Getting so big

No comments: