Friday, April 11, 2025

Community

The power of remote work is never more evident than in life situations where flexibility allows one to deal with this thing called life. Being able to help mom and dad out after her accident - my job allowed me to make the best out of a challenging situation. 

Ofi course, the silver lining of spending more time with mom and dad and seeing Jaima and her family more was wonderful. 

Mom had so much support from so many - flowers, cards, people stopping by and food for meals this week (and in the future). I was very thankful for the food as it meant I didn't have to cook after managing care, appointments and work. What a wonderful community Pender is - small town people taking care of each other at its finest. I feel fortunate to be able to fall Pender "my home." 

Mom is getting around well so I feel ok taking off and thankful that Jaima is across the street to help get "house chores" done as needed - as well as so many others around if needed. 









No comments: