When we drove up Val de Gardena, I was a bit worried about our ski experience as the villages did not have any snow at all. Little did I know, that the skiing and snow was up above and the views were incredibly stunning. We had sun the first part of the day on Friday and actual snow on Saturday. We all skied the Sella Ronda orange route (a clockwise route that connects four resorts/villages together on Saturday with stops for some additional runs, race courses and a stop for lunch at one of the many Refugios/hotels on the mountain. We waited in no lines and it was more than I expected.
On Saturday, we started the day all together and headed to the World Cup slope and the longest run on Val Gardena. We took a train at one point to get to the other side of the mountain.
The boys broke off to do their own thing and Marshall and I navigated our way around- stopping for a coffee/beer at one of the many restaurants and then stopping for lunch with a cloudy view of the peaks.
The boys had some adventures over in Seiser Alm and then decided to do the green sella Ronda route late in the day, but they made it back!
Each night, we checked out the apres ski scene in town at different places - we felt like we were in Germany - not Italy. From the architecture to the music to the crowd - it was very German feeling.
We also did the pool and spa both nights before dinner which was an experience for sure - we were more comfortable/practiced with our spa experience on day two.
We had breakfast included with our hotel and just ate dinner there both nights as there weren't many options in town. We always had the same table - Drake commented it was like the cruise.
We wrapped up each night with a couple euchre games - Tanner and Marshall were the winners this trip.
I'm very happy my research paid off - it was a great choice and I would consider myself fortunate to go back. What a gift skiing as a family has been for us all.




















No comments:
Post a Comment