Saturday, June 04, 2022

Mom Date

On Thursdays, T-man has ultimate frisbee practice in Lakewood. This is a competitive summer team and his high school coach spoke to us about T-man participating because of his potential. We were so proud of how hard he has worked and are excited about this opportunity. 

I planned to take the group of kids on Thursday, but for various reasons, only T-man and I made the trek down to Lakewood. T-man drove down to practice and I went out to dinner with Nadja for my birthday at Edgewater Market during practice. 

After practice was over, we had to get gas which was the first stop on our adventure. We also decided DQ was in order on the way to practice, so we found one on the way home and ventured off. 

When we got to DQ, it was obviously the place to be. After sitting in the drive through lane with several cars and not moving, I decided it would be faster to go in. I was proven wrong and decided to cut our losses after not being waited on for several minutes. 

T-man identified another DQ and off we went. After getting turned around a bit, we arrived - but it was not a Grill and Chill. T-man had directed me to the wrong one! Back on the road we went to an actual Grill and Chill with a super speedy drive through. Success! 

It was a fun way to spend the evening with T-man. We kept saying, “what else do we have to do?”  And we were right. We got time together, cheese curds and ice cream - enjoying the freedom of summer. 

As we pulled into the driveway, T-man said, “thanks for the Mom date.” No. Thank you son. What a treat. 



A picture that came up on Facebook Memories - a “Mom date” from 10 years ago with cocoa and Chutes and Ladders. Time does fly. 

No comments: