Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Letter To My Son

With his "Super Citizen"  Award
To my eldest son,

Throughout your seven years of life, I have already celebrated so many things about you - your first smiles, your first steps, your first day in "big boy" underwear, your first soccer goal, your scholastic achievements big and small, and many, many more things. Every day, I give thanks for the joy you and your brother (and your father) have brought into my life. Because of you, I smile more, I cry more, I worry more. I am continually thankful for your kind heart, your helpfulness, and how hard you work.

Today, I am prouder of you than I have ever been and am celebrating the young man you have become. The "Super Citizen" award you received today is quite an honor.  I am proud of you for setting good examples for others in your class. I am proud of you for encouraging other students to do their best each and every day. I am proud of you for pushing others to do more and learn more.  

You have so many gifts - I can't wait to see what you do with them all as your life progresses. I can only hope that your father and I do our best to foster your growth, support you through the ups (and downs) of life, and set good examples so you can continue to be a kind and giving citizen of this earth.

Today, not only did your father and I celebrate you, your teachers and fellow students celebrated you. Thank you for giving me one more thing to celebrate about you. I truly am honored to be your Mom.


Love, 


Mom 


the VERY proud parents

With his homeroom teacher who nominated him

No comments: