Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sushi!

Last weekend, we decided to make sushi. We took the kids and headed to the H Mart - the Asian superstore not too far from our house. The boys enjoy seeing the exotic food and we enjoy stepping into another world for awhile. I think it is great to expose them to different cultures and have them experience new things. They sampled the foods and loved all the crazy fish.

Marshall and I enjoyed making sushi for the first time in many years. And, we were thrilled the boys liked it as well. We also made edamame and dumplings (like in Kung Fu Panda). I'm hoping this will be the start of more sushi evenings for the family. We really enjoy cooking together and with crazy weekday schedules, the weekends are our time to cook together. Here's to working sushi into our weekend cooking routines!

No comments: