Friday, August 19, 2022

St. Louis Walking Tour

When we departed Oxford, Ohio Thursday afternoon, we didn’t know where we would end up. I had done plenty of research on potential options, but none of them really hit home. And as we were driving away from Oxford, I had even less desire to figure out our landing spot. Eventually, I pulled up the potential options I had researched and looked up hotels in some Illinois suburbs of St. Louis. The hotel prices were actually quite ridiculous so we looked up options in St. Louis which were cheaper for nicer hotels. So, we gambled on Hotwire again and ended up at The Last Hotel - a boutique hotel in an old shoe factory. When we arrived, I was a bit worried as it wasn’t as centrally located as I had thought, but it ended up being quite the pleasant surprise. 

While Marshall worked, I took a walking tour of St. Louis. I grabbed coffee and gooey butter cake (a St. Louis food) and then continued on my way. I saw the arch, the old courthouse and several cool buildings. Im glad I got out before it got really hot! I came back around 12:30 and we walked to lunch at a highly rated Cuban place and it did not disappoint. 

I then spent the afternoon poolside on the rooftop deck while Marshall finished working (mostly from pool/bar). We enjoyed happy hour at the pool before grabbing an Uber to the Hill for Italian. It was like stepping back in time a bit at the restaurant and we had to get the fried ravioli appetizer (another St. Louis food). 

It ended up being a lovely day and helped to take my mind off the transition phase. And our St. Louis stay was a pleasant surprise diversion. 






Ooey butter cake 


Old courthouse 


Church from 1770’s 








Our hotel 



Pool time 


Sporting our new hats 






The Hill 


Cheers 




Lobby of hotel 



View of St. Louis from pool 




No comments: