He said the guys are on his floor are great and from all over. There are two guys on his floor from Colorado and none of the guys in his floor chose their roommates. So even though he didn’t get his first choice for his “living learning community” (out of state), it seems to have worked out that way. Like him, none of the guys he knows have cars.
I was so happy that he wanted to share his first week with me. The worst part? He said being sick. The best part? He said feeling accomplished.
He got our care package full of things he forgot and some fun things we put in for him. He also got the care package that I ordered from a local small business owner. Winning all the way around.
Around 7:00 when Alana and I were about home, I got a FaceTime call from D-man and the moment I saw his face, I knew something was wrong. I was so happy that he called me. With Alana’s help, we found out where to send him (the ER) and he had a friend walk and wait for the Uber with him. His entire face, lips, eyes and chest were red and it was spreading to his hands.
He came away with a COVID diagnosis, some prescriptions and pumped full of Benadryl. He had taken some Benadryl that I had sent with him before he called me (the nurse said that was a good thing).
We don’t know what caused this, but it was obviously very scary. I’m so glad he called and we got him where he needed to be.
We are still working on taking care of ourself - he walked home from the ER vs. taking an Uber (sigh). But, one step at a time.
He sounded good today, but obviously still sick. He figured out the bus and got to Walgreens to get his prescriptions. I ordered him pizza from DoorDash and the goal is to take care of himself this weekend. It’s hard to be so far away with him sick, but we will take it one day at a time.
Part of his care package
On FaceTime at the ER
looking much better after the Benadryl. Tough way to end your first week of college
No comments:
Post a Comment